O Ring- Big Blue Housing- single standard
Great for replacing your big blue single housings O-Rings
An O-ring is also known as a packing or a toric joint. It is a mechanical gasket in the shape of a torus. It is a loop of elastomer with a round cross-section, designed to be seated in a groove and compressed during assembly between two or more parts. Therefore creating a seal at the interface.
All of our housing O-rings are here
In other words, if this one doesn’t suit your needs, check these other ones out.
O-rings need regular maintenance. Having said that, you should also not overdo it. O-rings need to be maintained flexible with silicone gel. Grease doesn´t not have sealing properties, in too large amounts it only does harm, attracts dirt and sand and can therefore result in a defect in liquid tightness. You should only grease those O-rings which you can reach without dismantling the housing or the port.
If your housing is leaking, it could be a number of things such as:
From the joint of the lid of the housing
- O-ring could be squashed meaning the head has been put on too tight
- O-ring could need silicone gel
Leaking from the in and out area either side of the housing
- -connection could be too tight or it has a fractured housing
- -may need more plumbing tape around the threaded end of the connector where it screws into the housing (spare connectors and tape available from us)
- -tubing may be loose or not pushed in far enough
In addition, if it’s leaking elsewhere, we suggest replacing the housing and reading our blog here