O Ring- White housing -standard Pentair housing
Great for replacing on your Pentair housing
Also known as a packing or a toric joint, the O-ring is a mechanical gasket in the shape of a torus. It is a loop of elastomer with a round cross-section. Designed to sit in a groove and compressed between two or more parts. Therefore creating a seal at the interface.
All of our housing O-rings are here So if this one doesn’t suit you, check these other ones out.
O-RINGS NEED REGULAR MAINTENANCE.
Having said that, you should also not overdo it. O-rings need to be maintained flexible with silicone gel. Grease doesn´t not have sealing properties, in too large amounts it only does harm, attracts dirt and sand and can therefore result in a defect in liquid tightness. You should only grease those O-rings which you can reach without dismantling the housing or the port.
IF YOUR HOUSING IS LEAKING
It could be a number of things such as:
From the joint of the lid of the housing
- The head of the filter is on too tight
- The O-ring has lost it’s shape
- O ring could need silicone gel
Leaking from the in and out area either side of the housing
- connection could be too tight and it has a fractured housing
- may need more plumbing tape around the threaded end of the connector where it screws into the housing (spare connectors and tape available from us)
- tubing may be loose or not pushed in far enough
In addition, if it’s leaking elsewhere, we suggest replacing the housing and reading our blog here